Forming a corporation is a wise decision for a business, entrepreneur, or startup, especially those seeking traditional investors. If you plan to do business in New York, we can help you form a New York corporation.
A corporation is considered a “legal person” while humans are considered “natural persons.” As a person in its own right, the acts of a corporation are considered separate from those of its stockholders, and the liabilities of a corporation generally cannot be attributed to its owners. Thus, the extent of a founder or investor’s losses is limited to his or her investment in the business. Personal bank accounts and property are protected by a “corporate veil” which may only be pierced in limited circumstances. Operating as a corporation also instantly lends a business more legitimacy and credibility.
New York Corporation Incorporation Flat-Fee Package
Package includes the following:
- Preparation of the Certificate of Incorporation with one class of stock with uniform voting rights and no restrictions on transfer.
- Filing of the Certificate of Incorporation with the New York Department of State.
- Preparation of Corporate Bylaws.
- Preparation of Statement of Incorporator.
- Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Assistance with IRS Form 2553 and NY Form CT-6 to elect “S-Corporation” status, if applicable.
The corporation is the traditional business entity. Many investors prefer investing in corporations because they understand it.
Licensed professionals cannot operate the business of their professions as corporations. If they seek the liability protection that a corporation offers, they may form a professional service corporation (PC), registered limited liability partnership (LLP) or professional service limited liability company (PLLC).
If you are thinking about starting a not-profit or Non Governmental Organization(NGO), James Hsui, PLLC can also assist you in forming a New York Not-for-Profit Corporation.